Term 1 week 3

Thank you to all the parents/caregivers that attended acquaintance night on Tuesday. It was lovely to meet new parents and catch up with parents who now have younger sibling or have had me as a class teacher before. For those parents/caregivers who could not attend I have placed a note with all of the details that I spoke about into your child’s diary. The students have settled into the class routine very well. We started spelling this week as well as homework. It is fabulous that they are so enthused about homework. We are conducting an experiment in Science as part of our ‘What is a plant?, What does a plant need to grow?, What is the life cycle of a plant?’ enquiry. We placed some seeds into a plastic cup onto a moist paper towel and put them into a warm sunny position in the hope that they germinate.

We have also been reading a class novel as part of Literacy – The paw thing by Paul Jennings. It is about a cat called Singenpoo, a name that the students think is hilarious. Ask your child how the cat got its name and you will see them start giggling.

Gizella